Monday, May 28, 2007

The Hazards of Gifting

I enjoy making things for my friends. It gives me a nice reason to try new things in my knitting. But I think I don't want to see my knitting after I have gifted it. Because then I have to see that a certain friend has MACHINE WASHED, not one, but TWO pairs of armwarmers! After I explicity told her not to. Alright, one that I gave her I had made for myself (but they itched me); consequently, they were too big for her. She washed them to make them fit better. After seeing the state of them I have told her to shave them. The other pair, however, a modification of Fetching that I modified with her in mind, did not need to be shrunk! They had fit her perfectly and they were beautiful. Each stitch well formed. I loved looking at them. Now they are all fuzzy looking. Her excuse was that they were too wide. Yes, the pico bind-off does gap a little. But they are supposed to be that way and I TOLD HER NOT TO MACHINE WASH THEM! I even gave her the tag from the ball.

It is going to be a long time before I wish to gift her with knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home