Tuesday, July 17, 2007

FO's!

Yikes, I just saw that I have not posted since late May. That was quite a vacation. I have been knitting, however, and even have a couple of FO's to share. The first is my Go Sharks! Beanie and matching Skinniest Scarf Ever (I cast on a lot of stitches, knit them until I almost ran out of yarn and bound off). These were done with one skein of Claudia's Handpainted in the Sharks colorway, which was a special done for Purlescense Yarns of Sunnyvale. I also used their hat pattern to make my hat. I had a bit of yarn left over and since I did not want to waste any of this stuff I made the skinny scarf.









My other FO that I am very proud of is the Branching Out scarf from the Knitty.com archives. I finished this scarf with no mistakes! Ok, clarification: the scarf has no mistakes because I ripped back several times. Thank goodness I used a lifeline because about halfway through is when I started to make mistakes. I guess I stopped paying attention because I thought I knew the pattern so well. Also, I was knitting it while tired, tipsy, etc.

I have never finished a lace project before this so I was impressed with the effect of blocking. It made it a lot longer than I expected; really glad I stopped when I did or I'd have a floor length scarf! I used almost 3 skeins of a Cool Aid dyed handspun that I bought in Santa Cruz at The Swift Stitch. This picture is not that great. I took many but I just can't seem to get a picture that does this scarf justice.


Now I am working on making a hat out of the last skein of this yarn. It will only be matching in color. I am doing a seed stitch border and then stockinette for the rest.

I haven't felt motivated to work on the Bonsai Tunic. I think it might be because when I finish it I will have to seam it and I dread that part! I am now working on the top part of the front.

Oh! I bought a spinning wheel! A Louet Victoria, which I have been coveting since it was released. It should be here tomorrow. I have been obsessively checking the UPS tracker. I could have just bought it at Purlescense and had instant gratification but I found that Village Spinning and Weaving in Solvang was selling them at a discount with free shipping so I saved about 60 dollars by ordering it. I can't wait to post pictures of my beginning yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home