Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Can Spin!

I've been taking a spinning class. This class is very thorough. The singles in the picture below started out as unwashed wool. I did the whole process. I washed (yuck), picked apart (kinda boring), handcarded (fun, once I got used to it), and spun it (the best part). I also wound it into a ball using my ball winder. In one day I began to see myself getting a more consistent yarn. I am really enjoying spinning, which is good, since I jumped the gun and bought a spinning wheel before I had actually learned.


I was sent home with a boatload of fiber to spin as homework for the week, so I expect I will be posting quite a few pictures this week.

My main knitting project right now is the armwarmers my sister designed for herself. They were going well until I got to the thumb, which looks like some kind of mutant worm sticking out the side of the armwarmer. My sister tried it on and if thumbs could choke hers would be dead by now. She tried to say it was ok but I could tell she was lying so I will be cutting off one thumb this week. I'll need more yarn, too. I hope they still have the right dye lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home