Monday, December 17, 2007

Busy Spinning

I've been so busy practicing my spinning that I have forgotten to blog. But now I have a good amount of spun fiber photographed. My favorite is the orange and white:






Which was then dyed purple:











This photo is a tad darker than the actual purples it came out.
Here is all of my stuff, both plied and unplied:














The red was originally white. It is my favorite. I think the smaller skein was my most even.

In knitting news, I have been knitting felted slippers for my grandma. They are three strands held together using size 13 needles and my hands start to hurt after awhile. Also, I failed to check my gauge properly and have 2 full stitches less per four inches. With these slippers that is huge. Grandma has small feet so maybe just a light felt will do.

My vacation starts this weekend! I hope to spin and knit the time away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judyswag said...

Hi Jocelynn! I live in the Bay Area and recently got interested in spinning. Would you be able to tell me where you took your class or if you know of any places around that are currently giving spinning classes? Thanks! :)

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home