Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One Sock Down


I love toe up socks! LOVE THEM!

I just completed my first toe up sock, using the basic pattern from the Ultimate Sock Book. It was so much easier than top down. I really hate picking up stitches (a vile necessity, in some cases) which is why I decided to try toe up. I find the wrap and turn technique to be much easier and easier to keep track of; no counting rows. The wraps tell you where you are. I finished this sock so much faster than the other socks I have made, which is a relief as I am an amazingly slow sock knitter. I managed to complete one sock in just a couple of weeks. I expect the second sock will take me longer, since I got a lot of the first done while immobilized by a bad ankle sprain. Still, I am not dreading starting the second sock. I actually want to start it! And tomorrow I shall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home