Sunday, February 03, 2008

Extermaknit! and A List

That is the beginnings of my Dalek. I'm about to knit the third bobble round. The pattern is Extermaknit! I cast on Thursday and have been knitting on it all weekend. I am quite obsessed.

I thought the bobbles would be hard but it did not take long for me to memorize the pattern for them. This is my first foray into stranded knitting and I am finding it enjoyable. Not scary at all!

For those that do not know, a Dalek is a ruthless, lethal alien from Doctor Who. I have never been into sci-fi, with the exception of The X-Files, of course, but I am crazy about the new series of Doctor Who! I think it is the humor that is incorporated that makes me love it. Come to think of it, my favorite episodes of The X-Files were the humorous ones.

I love DW so much I spent way too much money buying the DVDs for all three seasons. They should arrive tomorrow. The Sharks don't have a game until Wednesday so catching up on missed episodes will be my entertainment until then.

I need to make a list. I get so excited to cast on stuff that I have a drawer full of unfinished projects. I need to finish them and am going to put them in order of finishing.

1. Extermaknit! I will not rest until it is complete.
2. Jen's armwarmers: I think she is getting impatient with me.
3. Luna Moth Shawl: Stop being a ninny and find that mistake!
4. Bonsai Tunic: I would like to be able to say I completed a garment that is not a sock, hat, or arm covering.

I am not including the second Tofutsie sock on this list because I keep it in my purse and knit on it when I am in line at stores or during intermissions of hockey games.

That list does not look so bad, actually.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heard any of this fuss?
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23690642-5014239,00.html
Don't let it put you off your stitches, and remember to post a picture of him when he's finished. I wanna see a cute lil' toffee coloured plunger...

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home