Saturday, February 16, 2008

First FO of 2008















And it is Extermaknit! This was the first thing on my list to finish and the only thing I have been working on for the last two weeks. It is also my first ever knitted toy. It was fun to knit and relatively easy. I didn't even mind my coworkers teasing me about being a nerd when I was picking out the provisional cast on at lunchtime (it was the subject of my knitting they found nerdish, not the knitting itself).

I was looking at pictures of other Daleks on Ravelry and there were some very imaginative ones out there. I even saw one with a bead knitted into the eyestalk. I never think of stuff like that. My knitting skills are really improving but I still need to work from patterns. About all I can manage creatively is choosing my own colors. I would like to be able to design something someday or dramatically alter a pattern and have it turn out brilliantly.

Well, now I have to do it. The second thing on my list. My sister's armwarmers, the thumbs of which led me to abandon them. I have to face those thumbs now. I feel much dread. I hate knitting fingers. I'm not good at them and they always come out looking messy. Good news is I have a four day weekend in which to really sit down and focus on them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

How did you get the eye-stalk and gun to stick out straight?

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home